TRANSIT ADVERTISING ANSWERS
Curious about the answers to the questions posed by our transit advertising? See below to satisfy your burning curiosity.
Does holding a key fob to your head increase its connectivity?
- Yes! See more here: http://bit.ly/keymyth
What percentage of car owners never wash their cars?
- According to surveys, about 16% of car owners never wash their cars! 53% also say they wash their vehicles less than once a month. To top it off 61% say they leave garbage in their cars, which is a bit surprising since 62% say their car’s appearance is essential, and only 27% say their cars stink. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/carwashfacts
What was the first car with the ability to park itself?
- Technically the Prius Hybrid in 2003 could park itself, but this was sold only in Japan. For North America, the Lexus LS in 2006 was the first vehicle we could buy that could park itself. See more here: http://bit.ly/IntelligentParkingAssistSystem
Which truck towed the space shuttle Endeavor across the LA freeway?
- On October 12, 2012, a Toyota Tundra towed the retired space shuttle as it made its last journey to its final resting place at the California Science Center. See more here: http://bit.ly/EndeavorTundra
What percentage of Toyotas sold in 1994 are still on the road today?
- Overall, Toyota claims the 80% of their vehicles are still on the road today. This seems reasonable as according to Polk U.S. Vehicles in Operation statistics as of July, 2010 90% of Toyota Camrys are in operation. See more here: http://www.toyota.com/awards.html
Since 1996, how many Corollas are sold per second by Toyota globally?
- Since starting production in 1966, one Corolla has been sold every 37 seconds on average. The modern rate is even faster, as one Corolla leaves the showroom floor every 27 seconds. See more here: http://bit.ly/CorollaSeconds
Which car is known as the “Punch Buggy”?
- The Volkswagen Beetle is known as a “Punch Buggy” or “Slug Bug” as part of a children’s game where participants punch each other in the arm upon spying a Beetle. They must also call out the vehicle’s colour or else receive two punches in return. See more here: http://bit.ly/PunchBuggyVW
Which VW in a Super Bowl Commercial called “The Force”?
- The Volkswagen Passat was one of the stars in this commercial. See it for yourself here: http://bit.ly/TheForceRVW
Did you answer any of our questions correctly? Share your answers with us by tagging @RegencyAuto on Instagram or #informeddecision on Twitter!